Saturday, May 21, 2011

Music Makes Me Love Sweets

"Brown Sugar" by D'Angelo and "Candy" by Cameo are two R&B songs that sing about something that is literally and figuratively sweet. Both have a great beats, a fun video and lyrics that talk about a 'sweet' girl. Peaches & Cream (Featuring P. Diddy) (Album Version) is another sexy song that gets the taste buds excited. Blackberry Molasses by Mista is more of an uplifting type jam which features Bobby Valentino.

"Sugar Boy" is soca by Patrice Boy and I love the way she speaks about her "Sugar Boy". You know this can only be sweet words. Nu Vybes brought us "Sugah  Band" and this had the people clubs and festivals going crazy. As the lyrics say "The people just can't get enough of the sweetness...."

Common's Like Water for Chocolate was an awesome album that had one of my favorite songs "The Light". In a previous blog entry, Confessions of a Chocolate-aholic who also loves cheesecake, I shared how much I loved chocolate.

These are only a very short list of songs or albums that talk about sweets. If I continue, I will probably want to eat sugar for breakfast.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!