Monday, May 9, 2011

It's a New Day

The Reggae's 2006 "New Day Riddim" has a list of songs that I listen to almost every day. They are not the most popular songs on the radio today nor were they in 2006. The music is positive and caught my attention. I sat down and I searched on the internet for the songs on this riddim because there was one that I loved to hear and just could not figure out the name.

Once I realized that there was more than one song on the riddim, I looked for the song I knew "Royal Bless" by Ras Attitude. After searching on YouTube and then via Google and Yahoo, I was able to learn that the name of the riddim was the "New Day Riddim". It is a very soothing instrumental with guitar and drums being the central focus. This riddim makes me smile and inspires me with its mellow beat.

Other songs on this riddim include:
  • "Always" by Niyorah
Lyrics include "It is you Jah has sent for the kingman, lovely girl, let's make love in the rain" and "I am the waterfall, you are the stream below, a blessing from the top so that your water flows".
  • "Swept Away" by Abijah
"I see the youthdem starving, they're starving, on the fields where food should be farming they're fighting" and "Be swept away by the holy one" are some of the lyrics.
  • "If Jah is For You" by Lutah Fyah
"If Jah is for you, then who can be against you" is the chorus.
  • "Situations" by Princess Menen and Marlon Asher: "
"Situations getting rough, the life I life is rough" is part of the chorus.
  • "Trodding On" by Midnite
"How many times man plant and never reap" and "The insulation of love must be fair" are some of the lyrics.
  • "Human Heart" by Yami Bolo
"Everybody have a heart though it may be broken sometime" is the chorus.



I love keeping it mellow. Music is a big part of me. I enjoy and write about Reggae, R&B and Hip Hop and sometimes Gospel.

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!