Sunday, May 8, 2011

POEM: Words for Mom

It's another day in to Thank God and enjoy the life that is given to us. We are not sure if there will be a tomorrow so we must live today and do good. Mother's Day is every day and so is Father's Day. I am not a huge celebrater of these 'days' but since I am a poet and I have a diverse range of work I do have pieces that can work for these 'days'.


Words for Mom
Mom, when was the last time
I said that I loved you?
You are the one person
that I can speak openly to.

You are the one
who always lifts my spirits.
You are always telling me,
“Go for it! Go get it!”

Mom, I love you
more and more each day.
You’ve set a good example
in all you do and say.

You love God
our only foundation.
You’ve taught me to be
an inspiring mentor for this nation.

I can only wish
that I can be a parent like you
who loves her children
the way that you do.

© Linette Rabsatt

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!