Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Why Should I Cage My Mind?

I've run from many obstacles and I've hidden lest I fall. However, I realize that running won't save me from embarrassment or any problem. I have to live in the hole that I dig for myself. I have to deal with the nonsense that I get involved in whether willingly or forcefully. I have to love and forgive the people that set blocks in my way.

If I take time to harp on the negative I can never really move ahead. I am not a caged animal so why should I cage my mind. Why should I let others get under my skin so that I can not function or even get myself together. I've let that happen in the past and while I may cry, swear or shout, I don't waste that energy for too long anymore.

As a good friend always says it's not "in my sphere". I 'suck my teeth' and keep going!


No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!