Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Hard Monster to Tame

I shared this snippet of words on my Facebook page yesterday:

I like it hot
you like it cold
I may not seem confident on the spot
but I am superbly bold
I love the warmth
You seem more frigid
We differ in thoughts
I'm flexible and you're rigid.


I do love working with words, phrases, diction and poetry.

While some people are fearful, intimidated by or are suspicious of Facebook, I have the firm belief that Facebook is great for sharing information, networking and planning finding loved ones and old classmates. I never encourage anyone to put too much information on the internet especially on social sites. I am very wary of photos as well. We see enough explicit behavior on television. We don't need to see you in a bathing suit in a provocative pose because surely your 'goods' should not be so readily availble on the world wide web.

I am especially concerned about the young ladies who seem to dedicate their lives to Facebook. They may spend hours on Facebook the same way that boys can become addicted to playing video games. While I don't believe that we take away Facebook from the children, we the parents ahve to stay close to them and monitor their usage. No child should stay on a computer for over 4 hours unless they are doing homework.

The internet is a useful tool that provides tons of information that we can use. Idle hands do not work well with the internet. We all want to be empowered so that we can grow and the internet provides ideas, information for research, self-help tips, news and so much more. We just have to use it wisely because it is a monster that is most difficult to tame.

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!