Monday, May 30, 2011

Getting Over Struggles

Reaching out to people when you are in need is difficult. Sometimes you feel like no one can ever understand your plight. In fact many of us can and we sympathize, empathize and try to give words of encouragement. There are some of us who take joy in your hurt and tell you what you want to hear to pacify you so that we can gossip or run fast away from your tirade.

I have been on every aspect of that spectrum and these days, I just leave it to God. I keep my close friends close and have casual conversation about the weather, crime, work etc with others. If someone is not bringing positivity towards me right now, I go the other direction.

I recommend that people facing struggles seek help because bottling it up won't solve anything. Reach out to someone but of course not the person who will spread your business on the street like a tabloid. Speak to a friend who is willing to listen and offer good encouragement - not advice. Seek professional advice if needed.

Take a break. Pamper yourself. Go to the beach. Prepare a favorite meal. Visit family and friends. Take up a hobby. Eliminate some of your debt.

DO SOMETHING! Break that chain and find a way to move forward. Even if the outlook is bleak, still persevere and pray for guidance.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!