Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Old Music

Old music brings back old memories. Sometimes I draw back to the old video or a moment in school. I may look back and remember that I disliked a song but I like it now. In many cases my old feelings remain the same. I have pretty much given up on new music only finding a few that tickle my ears. I noticed from the time I was younger that music is just being re-invented, sampled and re-inspired.

In almost every genre, the classics stand out and that's why they have to be sampled. I still think for most of the songs the original beats the remake any day. A lot of the catchy hip hip/rap traps contain R&B or Reggae inlfuences.

My memories are good as I reminisce on an old track such as "Back To Life" by Soul II Soul or "Rumours" by Club Noveau. I revert to the old soca of Burning Flames, Eddie & the Movements or Imaginations Brass and of course the reggae by Bob Marley, Steel Pulse or Third World.

I love music and love the classics the best. The new music is just not ready for the test.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!