Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hobbies & Pets

I sew decently by hand but am leery of a sewing machine. I think I need to get the hang of it again. However, I’ll stick to gardening for the time being. I have to re-establish my green thumb and get everything growing. Then I can venture to other things like sewing and picking back up my embroidery – which I have to relearn.
The other day, I hemmed my daughter’s school skirt and I sewed some darts in it. After all of that work, I burned a hole in the skirt. I then patched it and then burned another hole in the patch. You can be sure that skirt is in the garbage now. Frustrating!
I am hoping that my tomatoes and butternut squash grow. I feel confident in the peas trees except when the cows come and bite off the tops. The next additions to the family will be a goat and a dog. I believe the goat might start acting like a dog too!
By the time the sewing machine comes, the goat will be barking, the dog will be trying to eat the peas tree and the squash will trip the cows.
ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!