Friday, January 6, 2012

Music from 2000: My Name is Joe by Joe Thomas

Fans of R&B are quite familiar with Joe Thomas and his melodic music. My Name is Joe was released in 2000 with songs like "Stutter" and "I Wanna Know".

Released in 2000 via the Zomba Recording Corp., Joe Thomas gave fans a thrilling journey with My Name is Joe. Fourteen tracks comprise this album including hits like "Stutter", "I Wanna Know" and "Thank God I Found You". For this sophomore album, Joe incorporated artists like NSYNC, Nas and Mariah Carey to give this album a fresh musical twist.

Joe's Discography
Joe Thomas first debuted in 1997 with All That I Am with songs like "All The Things (Your Man Won't Do)". And Then... was released in 2003 with "More & More" and Ain't Nothin' Like Me and Better Days in 2007. A compilation titled Greatest Hits came in 2008. Follow-up albums include Joe Thomas, New Man (2008), Signature (2009), Joe Live From Japan (2010) and The Good The Bad The Sexy (2011). **The Songs of My Name is Joe** Joe co-wrote several of the tracks on My Name is Joe and also co-produced it with Josh P. Thompson. The tracks include a short "Intro", "Table for Two", "Black Hawk", "So Beautiful", "5,6,3" and "Get Crunk Tonight".
  • "I Wanna Know": Joe, J. Skinner and A. Gordon co-wrote this sultry love song that states "I wanna know what turns you on…I wanna know what makes you cry, so I can be the one who makes you smile". In 2000, that was a strange request coming from a male and this is why the ladies loved this song. "Girl he never understood what you were worth, and he never took the time to make it work" start the second verse.
  • "Treat Her Like a Lady": "Tell me when was the last time you brought her roses home from work" start off this track that asked all men to take care of their ladies. "Treat Her Like a Lady" contains a portion of Isaac Hayes' "Bumpy's Lament" and all the instruments were arranged by Steve "Stone" Huff. In the bridge, Joe admonishes men by singing "if this don't apply to you, then keep doing what you do".
  • "I Believe in You": Joe collaborated with the then boy band NSYNC which included members like JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake, Lance Bass, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick on "I Believe in You". Allen Gordon, Jr., Joe and J. Scott Skinner wrote this song that affirms that agape love can exist. The men sing "I believe, I swear that forever from today, no one will take your place…and I believe our love will last always" in the chorus."
  • "Thank God I Found You": "Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix Edit)" comes from the original "Make It Last Forever" performed by Keith Sweat. Joe collaborates with rapper Nas and Mariah Carey to give this classic R&B track a hip flavor. "Your touch is wonderful, your love is so marvelous…nothing, no one, could compare to what we have" are a sample of the lyrics.
My Name is Joe is classic R&B from 2000 that which including infusions of hip hop, soul and R&B. Joe is an artist who has made an impact in the music industry and his music is respected.

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!