Monday, January 23, 2012

Let a Good Reputation Precede You

I was watching Law & Order SVU and a 'pimp' said that 'reputation is everything in my business'. I find that comment rather odd but the words are important. I made a joke with my coworker who said that he should never let anyone call him a 'scamp' or use the word 'scamp' in the same sentence with his name. This is important because in many cases, one's reputation precedes him or her. It is better to be known as a loud person than a 'scamp'. The connotation of the word implies something negative.

It is sad that we have people in high positions who can be considered 'scamps'. Somehow, they are like the Pyramid Scheme and MLM crooks who are just out there trying to fatten their own greedy pockets. I try my best to do the right thing because I want people to say that I am a good role model.

Don't let anyone call you a 'scamp'!

ribbon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Knots
Reputation has weight in one's life.
Awesome piece!

2024 Happy Mother's Day!