Thursday, January 5, 2012

Government Running Like a Household

Crisis is surrounding us more and more all over the world. We have problems in the Government, in the homes, in the churches and in the schools. The streets have another set of issues, however the streets also has its own form of justice. What troubles me is the lack of common sense in human behavior. I think back of the tough decisions that I have had to make in 2011 and even further back. I think of the many sacrifices I have had to make to keep afloat. I watch many others with their lavish lifestyles, fancy rides and over the top looks and I just smile, applaud and stay focused on my goals.

I think the many governments need to run the public’s business like a responsible household. It is really the same concept – manage the assets and minimize the liabilities while seeking opportunities for growth. However, most Government officials pretend like their countries finances are a bottomless pit of wealth. Too many are crying deficit right now and it brings a foul air of uncertainty for their constituents.

It crawls my blood to hear officials talk about layoffs, pay cuts and the like when they remain on their wealth level. What message are they sending to the youth – get yours and don’t care about anyone else! I feel for example that the BVI Govt needs to hold on festival celebration event in 2012. They would have to show me a significant increase in government revenue around the festival time to show me that there needs to be a festival in Virgin Gorda in April, Cane Garden Bay in May, Long Look, Cane Garden Bay and Road Town in August. If the various communities can fund these festivities then let them go ahead but when festival becomes more important than education – I can’t stand it.

It’s either that we are going to wake up or die in poverty.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!