Friday, September 16, 2011

Default Choices

How would you feel if you are the 'default choice'? I think in most instances, there is no way to feel but happy to get an opportunity. However, if it is a criminal matter, being the default choice may mean that you are a suspect or a key witness to something terrible.

I am sure that I have been the default winner on many occassions because that's how life is. I may not know when I am the latter choice, but I find it rather irrelevant to know if I am getting what I need. Job opportunities, prizes, sales are all good for a second choice pick.

When it comes to criminal matters, I would not want to be the default choice. I would not want to be a suspect, a pawn or key witness. I don't mind being an investigator expecially if it is a financial crime, but the rest is really for the birds (pun intended).

I have to make choices by default all the time. I had to choose that way for one of my subcontractors but in the end, it works out better for me. God has a hand in everything about us. While we may not know what the future holds, we have to live and move daily with common sense, faith and perseverance so that we can accomplish our goals.

Some choices are first preference and some are by default but we have to keep going.

ribbon

No comments: