Monday, March 4, 2013

POEM: Staying True


I'm not one for playing around with fire
but I will be on fire to reach my desires
I have the need to rise higher
and despite my prior misdemeanors
I want a record that's cleaner
I want my tomorrow to be much better
because I am a positive trendsetter
I'm not one to waste time
or throw away that thin dime
for I endeavor to get what's mine
not yours, because that belongs to you
so you know I am a friend that's true
and despite what you think you knew,
today I am a new being
yes - far more that the exterior you are seeing
so don't stay there in idle dreaming
because just as music today is streaming
time passes in just a moment
and while we may be content
in our personal situations
sometimes it needs a new direction
my momentum is forward
and all I can give you is good words
words of encouragement and delight
words that can make your day bright
so open your senses to what's real
and as you deal with the world around you
think positive and always stay true

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!