Friday, March 8, 2013

Little Children Have Peer Pressure Too....

March 8 is International Women's Day. I encourage all the women around me and who read my blog to continue to persevere despite the challenges that we face. Don't give up and never let anyone stand in the way of your dreams.

Today, my daughter related to me that another child at school told her that she didn't like the outfit I helped her to coordinate. I told my darling child that the other little girl was just hating on her. I find that some parents allow their children to feel that they are above others and do not teach them manners. While my children are not perfect, I try to instill certain values in them.

I saw the hurt in my daughter's eyes and I understand her stance on the matter. At her age, she is easily bruised. However, I see how peer pressure can really affect children and I tried to give both children a little pep talk to boost their confidence. Afterall, it remains my duty to boost their self esteem and self confidence.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!