Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Short Story - Melony Melody Visits the Yorkton Islands

These are exciting times. Melony Melody is here! She is going to endorse one of the candidates in this year's election. I am very excited because I've always wanted to see her perform. She comes from our neighboring Caribbean island, Caliente. She has some great songs and is quite a performer. I focus on her as an artist, so I don't think about the proposed candidate, Juan Pang.

Anyway, I already have my hair done, and my clothes are ready. I arrive on time even though everything in the Yorkton Islands starts late. I am looking forward to getting Melony Melody's autograph. I snuck backstage and found her. She was polite and seemed quite glad to talk to an islander. After all, she came from the bigger island of Caliente, so she had one set impression of politicians. We continued to chat, and she asked me about Juan. I could not say much. However, I think she may have spoken to some other islanders before she spoke to me.

I left her to get ready for the show. I sat in the audience and waited for the show to start. I should be describing the event as a political rally, but I was there to hear Melony Melody. After the formalities and official openings, Melony came on stage. She said that she was dedicating her song to the new candidate. She sang her classics "Peace & Unity" and "Deceitful Minds." Then all of a sudden, this artist turned on Juan. She said that these would be politicians are all fake, and then she said something about money missing.

"This song is for Juan Pang:
you can't keep my honey
cause you make the bees sting me
you can't have my money
no more will we allow thievery
cause we tired of them defrauding the Caribbean countries
further messing up the history
defiling we pickney
and trying to take we dignity"


I say 'well sah' this is the thing now, "lol".

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!