Monday, October 24, 2011

Loving My Reggae

If I was serious about being a reggae artist, I would be an artist who sing all kinds of music with a reggae flavor. I would want to be inspiring like Tarrus Riley, international like Sean Paul, legendary like Bob Marley, frank like Lady Saw and Tanya Stephens and sexy like Alaine. I would want to be powerful and VI representing like Pressure and Niyorah. I would still want to be edgy like Sizzla, Capelton, Beenie Man and Elephant man while being raw like Demarco. I would want to be entertaining like Jah Cure and Richie Spice and have qualities of all the artists I respect.

I am definitely the karaoke and house singer. I love reggae and I'll sing-a-long but that's it. I love ShineI, Ritical, Imo and the other BVI reggae artists who are coming strong lyrically and performance wise. They have the full talents to pursue music as a career. They are truly inspiring and know how to give good positive energy in their performances.

Reggae is a great artform because the music can make you cry, sing, love, dance, make wars or make babies. I think reggae will always be my favorite artform because it is so versatile. The only thing I would say is that gospel reggae sometimes tends to lean more dancehall reggae and I think gospel should keep that mellow flow. You want the non-christians to hear the gospel without hearing others secular songs popping in their heads.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!