Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pertinent. Relevant. Consistent. Decent. Persistent. Confident. Different. Prominent. Heaven-Sent.


Pertinent. Relevant. Consistent. Decent. Persistent. Confident. Different. Prominent. Heaven-Sent.
These words are so important to me. They all do rhyme, but that adds flavor.

Pertinent & Relevant - For me, these words mean that I have a say in what's going on. I am read, listened to, and my opinion matters at least to a few.

Consistent - Consistency should be my M.O. I should not be all over the place but playing the field with my head on. If I change some movement, it has to be to make a statement or take a stand.

Decent speaks for itself. Everybody wants to be decent and expects to be treated with decency.

Confident - This is something that people struggle with. We have to find ways to harness confidence so that we can face the public and overcome hurdles.

Different - I always dare to be different. I guess that's why I studied Marketing because I think people need to come up with new ideas to promote themselves and their business.

Prominent - As with relevant and prominent, I seek to have a voice that is listened to. I hope to evoke positive change. I don't need to be rich, I want to survive, but I want the country to survive too.

Heaven-Sent - We are all heaven-sent. We are all here for some reason. Even if you feel someone is a thief, murderer, or rapist, they are God's children who have just fallen away from the flock and need prayer and guidance. Plus it's the title of my favorite Keisha Cole song!

These are just some words that I thought of last night and shared on Facebook. As I looked at my status, I decided to blog about it. It's early in the morning so I thought - why not start the day on a good start!
 
ribbon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The following words below are so relevant to our lives.

Pertinent. Relevant. Consistent. Decent. Persistent. Confident. Different. Prominent. Heaven-Sent.

2024 Happy Mother's Day!