Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Why I Go to Church

It is sad that sometimes I think negatively about going to church. Church is a sanctuary in every sense of the word. However, sometimes it is the lack of decorum of the church members that turns some people off.

However, I will say that I do not go to church to impress, repress or depress anyone. I am there to praise God. I went to my home church on Sunday after a long absence. I have been visiting a nearby church in the neighborhood I moved to because it is simple, nice and in walking distance. I realize that a coldness came from a few members in my home church - one family.

It makes me want to go back next Sunday to give a testimony on love. I just want to simply say that "I love my church family and even though they may not see me often, I still love them." I am a woman of few words.

Whatever, I have done or have not done to or for these people, my only comment is "they will be fine". I guess that's my tagline now. "You will be fine". Don't think saying "Praise God" or singing in the choir is all it takes to make it to heaven. I'm not saying that I am closer than anyone else nor am I juding anyone's actions. However, those negative beahviors are what keeps the sinners away. Then we wonder why the membership is decreasing.

Positive and live is where we need to take our churches too. Nothing will be perfect and we know this. If they persecuted Jesus, imagine you or I. Why would there be Beatitudes if life was perfect? Humbleness, patience, merciful and a giving spirit are characteristics that Christians work hard to keep. They have to work harder because Satan attacks those that love God.

So I will say that maybe that day, Satan was working hard on those people and they have gotten over it. Afterall, Christians are human too and will make mistakes and sin. I have to still love them and continue to seek God for my betterment.


No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!