Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Favorite TV Sitcoms

These sitcoms are not in any particular order:
"The Cosby Show" - Loved the family vibe and the clean content which still touched serious issues. Reruns are still enjoyed.

"Frasier" - Frasier, Niles, Roz, Daphne and Daddy Crane brought me many laughs. I still enjoy the show in syndication because this was not the typical sitcom but the laughs did come.

"Everybody Hates Chris" - I do love this show and wished that it had another season. My children have grown to love the reruns of this show. This sitcom is much different to other sitcoms because it is narrated by Chris Rock who is hilarious. The comedy is not forced and the actors played their roles well.

"Girlfriends" - The theme song begins "my girlfriends - there through thick and thin" and the episodes show that Joan, Maya, Lynn and Toni were really there for each other. The girls went through divorce, break-ups, pregnant and birth, career changes, issues with parents and so much more.  The show was very relatable because the issues were real.

"The Game" - I do love this show and tried to follow up with it religious. It was one of the few remaining sitcoms on network television that featured African Americans. Although I am a Caribbean-African American, I was still understand the inferences made and love the humor. I enjoyed Season 4 on BET and look forward to Season 5.

"Let's Stay Together" - The first season of this show aired in 2011 but I am surely looking for new episodes for the next season.

This list is not exhaustive but if I sit watching all of these I will be exhausted from laughing.

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!