Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dynamics of a Team - The 'me' in there


There is no 'I' in team, but the 'me' has to be industrious to make the team successful. We are only as strong as our weakest link, but we all have weaknesses that decrease the team's strength.

The dynamics of a team is what makes it work well. Unity is a big factor because we all have to strive for the same goal. We also have to look at the talents that people have and utilize same for the best of the group.

The groups that I have worked with have always been interesting because there is always a slacker, an unskilled person and know-it-all. I've been the unskilled person before but once I can catch on - I'll be a work horse.

I typically prefer to work by myself but the latest project that I worked on was a yearbook project and my partner was AWESOME! She made things happen that kept the load balanced. Kudos to Andrea!

In reality, it is hard to find perfect matches or all dynamic minds to work on a project or to work with on a job. We have to really conduct a SWOT analysis so that groups can function better.

So instead of calling out the weakest link, let's find a way to get that link straightened, tightened and ready to work.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!