Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Do For Love..Caldwell and then Tupac

The song that just popped in my head is Bobby Caldwell's "What You Won't Do For Love". It wasn't so much the lyrics but the instrumental. It is very soothing, romantic and mellow. The instruments seem to come alive! Bobby's lyrics are great too - "you tried everything but you won't give up" and "my friends wonder what is wrong with me...cause I'm in a daze from your loving scene".

Tupac's "Do For Love" is also smooth too as it samples the instrumental and the chorus. I am not sure who sang the hook 2pac but the voice is very similar to Caldwell's and this is a nice touch. 2pac's version has additional modern sounds but the essence is there especially in the hook.

With this instrumental, it's really about the energy from the musicians so the singer/rappers just have to perform and make the song a total package.

New artists, take note. Learn from the greats.......

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!