Thursday, February 10, 2022

POEM: When I Sense Danger



As I sense danger
I become a stranger
estranged from the chaos
distanced from the melee
out of sync with the fuss
and definitely not on the bus
I don't and won't engage
Instead I fly like a bird
that doesn't have a home
I find my own zone
and I skip my own stones 
to get out of the mess
far from the fire
and miles away from the mire
don't drag me in
don't call me out
because I am not 
a contestant in that bout
I prefer peace
I enjoy sanity
I relish in the sunlight
Middle ground is my friend
Compromise is key
but don't take me
for a pushover
know that I know when to 
walk away
and drive the bus myself
or take wings and fly

© Linette Rabsatt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings! As I read and digested, a biblical text came to mind: Be ye therefore wise as serpents and harmless as doves (Matthew 10:16, KJV)."

Occasionally, we have to run away just to live another day.

Awesome!

2024 Happy Mother's Day!