Sunday, February 27, 2022

New Album: The Bad Heart by Jus Khe

Who is YDO JUS KHE (YODEFOWA) [Jus Khe]?
Jus Khe is a hip-hop artist from St. Croix, US Virgin Islands.
His Story
Jus Khe wrote poetry, and he collaborated with other St. Croix poets to start a poetry club at the University of the Virgin Islands, St. Croix campus. Jus Khe and other poets visited schools to inspire the students and share their talents. He eventually ventured into music because he enjoyed performing in front of a crowd. He debuted as a featured artist on ‘Too Lit’ by Kay Dinero in 2017.

Jus Khe performed under several stage names:
2017: K-13
2018: Jus Khe
2021: YDO JUSKHE

2017 became an unprecedented year for Virgin Islanders with the passage of Hurricane Irma and Maria. Jus Khe also faced challenges brought on by the storm, and he put music on hold momentarily. He left the US Virgin Islands to continue his studies, and in 2020, he renewed his passion in music.

Album: The Bad Heart
Jus Khe released The Bad Heart (TBH) on February 14, 2022. He began the project in October 2021. The artist shared that he enjoys trap music but wanted to do something different with this album.
When asked about the significance of releasing this album on Valentine’s Day, Just Khe shared that “all songs come from a different point of view – from ventures in today’s reality – primarily from a betrayal of trust – which is very vivid in the album.”

Jus Khe wrote his lyrics and shared appreciation for his producer, Arl Polydore, and engineer, Mark Sciaruto. While this artist can also mix and master, he booked a studio to ensure TBH had a professional studio sound.

The album comprises seven tracks:

1. Spazz
Lyric snippet: “I guess the pain does make a n***a stronger, I hope the world make you feel abandon, I want you hurting, hope you understand that”

2. Deserve It
Lyric snippet: “I don’t think that you deserve it, I put my time in you cause I thought you were worth it, I wiped you down and you turn around and do me dirt”

3. Flip Flops
Lyric snippet: “I be caressing her slowly, you working too much so she lonely, sad that you think she's a trophy, when you go to work she does throat me, that’s not your b***h, that’s your homey”

4. Interlude

5. Bundles
Lyric snippet: “cause I a demon in the streets and a demon in the sheets and demons like fire so you know I bringing heat”

6. His Girl featuring Cue Soul
Lyric snippet: “Don’t get mad at me, I tell you honestly, I’m not the one who supposed to be showing you loyalty, these broad ain't none to me, but they in love with me, you gotta grow up and that’s why I had to let you feel the pain”

7. Bridges
Lyric snippet: “I ain’t trying to build no bridges, I’m gonna let them bridges burn, I’m trying to build my riches, getting everything I deserve”

Where to Find The Bad Heart
You can find Jus Khe’s music on all streaming platforms: Apple Music, Amazon, Spotify, etc.

Links:
· Link tree: https://linktr.ee/Juskhe
· Album Link: https://album.link/i/1610179145
· Artist Gear: https://ydogearsnwearscom.creator-spring.com/

Feedback on TBH
Jus Khe shared that fans have shared encouraging feedback. He has been surprised by the positive feedback from the female fans. While he could not say which track was his favorite, Jus Khe stated that his fans’ most popular choice is “Spazz” because they said they feel the energy, and it is an ideal first track for the album.

Who Jus Khe Listens To
Mainstream: Kodak Black, PNB Rock, Young Dolph, and Key Glock
Virgin Islands: Dan Dadda and OTT

Advice to the Youth Who to Pursue Music
Jus Khe encouraged young people to “make sure you have a distinctive Plan A and Plan B – because this music life is not cheap. Plan A should be where you can get the money to get started."

Anything Else that You Want People to Know about Jus Khe
The artist shares his music to symbolize that:
1. “you don’t have to follow the crowd in your music. So many people like and don’t like – (but) people will choose good music over common music. You can be different – the next new thing. You don’t have to be the existing artist but you have to be the new one.
2. in music, if it is not right, it is wrong – no in between. You can’t change the past – focus on the next future step.”

Music Video
Jus Khe plans to release a music video for “Spazz” soon.

Upcoming Work
He plans to release an EP on April 20, 2022, and a Mother’s Day song on May 8, 2022. Fans should also look for another album on Jus Khe's birthday, August 2, 2022.

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!