Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bettering Me


We all play different roles in our lives. Some days we are strong parents while other days we are soft employees. However, we should always try to align ourselves with positive behaviors and positive people. I think sometimes I am too frank but I feel bad within myself to hold back sometimes - especially if it is something that affects me. My emotion is on my sleeve and when my personality gets peeved, I lash back and out.

We should never let ourselves get to that. We have to find ways to get our point across but preferably when we are calm and settled. There are certain things that get on my nerves and I find some people have a total disregard for protocol, for rules and for others in general. It cannot work. Some people like to throw their work on others. It cannot work. No one wants to pull their weight but are always complaining.

I complain too yes but I am working on bettering ME. My pastor gave a similar sermon on Sunday past. Everyone wants change in the church but what is each individual doing to see change happen? Things happen and we get frustrated, but we have to find ways to help ourselves to grow whether professionally, religiously or personally. If you find you have a problem with spending money, then go and see a financial advisor or talk to someone who seems to have it together.

It's only when you talk to others you realize that everyone is struggling and other people are in worse situations. Stop for a moment and devise a way to deal with your situation. You have to change you. No special boss, pastor, husband or parent can change you. You have to work on yourself first.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!