Saturday, June 9, 2012

No Dull Moments Here!

Lemongrass

I had some fun outside today and have two blisters to show for it. I had a cutlass and clipper and went to town on the grass in my way. This method takes forever oppposed to using a weedeater. However, if your finances are low and you are tired of the itchy grass, then you have to bend down and cut and clip. I surely got some Vitamin E today but it was hot!

I did my eco-friendly thing and hung the clothes on the line to dry. I've folded those that need to be and will iron shortly. I messed up my cornbread recipe because I did not have any oil and substituted for butter. I think we had corn pudding instead but the flavor was good just the texture was off.

I think I'll be putting some tilapeia in the oven tomorrow. YUMMY! I can already smell and taste it - with some lime and garlic and fresh tomatos. I think I'll add some white rice with that or maybe some baked potatos. I do love my oven. If the oven malfunctions, the whole stove has got to go.

This is a Saturday for me - now a little different thanks to my Mom for getting me the washing machine. If I really do not have to go to town - I will not. I think I will save more money if I use what I have to eat. I do realize that many of the goodies I want to make require cooking oil so I need to get a bottle  early on Monday to take home.

My life - never a dull moment.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!