Monday, April 9, 2012

The Plight of Civil Servants

Working as a civil servant can be a thankless job with no upward mobility. You'll see other people get promotions and know that they do not deserve it. You'll see certain people get away with all kinds of bad deeds. Yet the bosses will expect you to still perform at your full potential. You'll see them plot for others and fire people for nonsensical reasons.

However, this is the case in private companies too. It's just that the civil service is bigger in my country than the private sector. The civil service always puts on a show that it is so great and in reality it's filled with problems.

As a civil servant, you have options though. You can leave. You can ask for a transfer. You can also just work in the situation and on your private time develop other interests or businesses to keep you challenged and stress free.

There will always be a need for employees in any civil service and you can never get away from nepotism. The great that I know about myself is that I can work anywhere so I'm never stuck. I always have options to reach for.

Do your best on your job and be thankful for what you have. Many are unemployed. I do my hours and get the work done to the best of my ability. After the 8-hour day is finished, my real time starts with taking care of my family and pursuing my other personal interests. I'll continue to do my best and remain thankful for what I have. It only makes me stronger and my resume better!

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!