Monday, April 16, 2012

My Caribbean Pride

Caribbean people have lots of things in common. We love good food and we believe in "spare the rod, spoil the child." We love to party and we come out in full force for our carnivals. We go to church even if the party just done - we going to church. We have lots of holidays and we truly love this. We take education and sports seriously.

These similarities are similar to most cultures within the world but I can only speak to what I can relate to. I love my Caribbean roots and am a proud United Virgin Islander - per Dara Monifah's catch phrase. I rep both sides of the VI and would not want to live anywhere else in the world.

That's another thing we Caribbean people have in common - we rep our flags with pride and dignity. Don't get me wrong, we are not perfect but we are who we are.

All I can beg of my Caribbean family is to keep heads high and rep the region with pride. We have lots of talent here and we need to all work together to build a good future for the youth.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!