Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What's good for me

Parents throughout the ages have and will continue to try to control their children's career choices. My children can choose to be whatever they want with my minimal input.

For me - my father wanted me to be a lawyer and my grandfather (mother's side) said that 'lawyers are liars'. It was my choice. Now I work in a law firm - by need, not choice.

I have never needed much. A good TV, a good crossword puzzle and good food - lil chocolate every now and then keep me happy. I have my boyfriend and my kids and my good friends and we keep it together and have fun together. I just love the simple life. I don't want to rack up billable hours on the back on the young, old or the stressed. I prefer to write my poetry, plant in a garden and dance with my kids. The love that song 'Put your backside in'. lol

Just my thoughts!

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!