Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Irony of Life

I have been in the BVI for few years now after finishing my undergraduate degree. Living here can be nice and can have a lot of high points. There are days that I wish I was back in Ithaca in the cold.

Because we are in a warm climate does not mean that we are warm and friendly souls all the time. BVI is becoming a little New York City - rich, crowded and full of snobbish people. Am I the pot that is calling the kettle black - NO. I live and deal with everyone with an open mind.

We have been overcome with the influx of cruise ships, law firms and cruise ships and agriculture and our 'culture' has become almost non-existent. What ever happened to us?

30,000 vehicles for 30,000 persons
Minimum Wage - $4.00 and Lawyers bill $400.00 per hour (miinimum)
Trade Licence (base fee) - $500.00 and Incorporation of a Company (base fee) - $350.00
Big Hospital in the making - not enough doctors
Sewerage system - FAILED LONG TIME!

When will our leaders get it together and stop focusing on petty nonsense and starting looking closer at the youths and future...


To be continued

RIBBON

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!