Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Taking Corrections


Today, people do not like to be corrected by others. It is sad because we all need to be pulled up when we err. I find that it's even worse with our young people. Many of them do not respect authority in school or in church, and then when they enter the job market, we can only hope that they will do better.

I think it's sad that as a society, we are not willing or are afraid to correct each other when we falter. I make mistakes and sometimes it is the youngest or simplest person that corrects me. I may be taken off-guard, sometimes annoyed or even embarrassed but this does not stop me.

I am seeing cases where young people are out of control and I can only pray that my children will not go down that path. I've already told them that I am serious and I will not reward unacceptable behavior. We have to draw the line somewhere. I also expect the adults around me to give my children encouraging words. I do the same when I see other children, even if I don't know them.

If we all take a blind eye to the wrongs of the world, then we are just as bad as the people committing the crimes. Someone has to take a stand. Now, you will get some rude reactions from the people in general when you try to show them the right way; but this is all part of growing up. You will receive opposition. Everyone will not agree with your decisions.

However, you would have done the right thing. Of course, your approach has to be one that makes the listener want to adhere to what you say. Bombarding people is not the way to go, unless the situation calls for it. In many cases, gentle reminders can work. We have to be careful that we are not 'bad' messengers where our behavior strangles the message.

If you see me going wrong, let me know please and this is the same for my children. I will always try to encourage my people and let's see how we can all help each other improve.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!