Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sharing for this Christmas

Christmas is such a weird time of the year. It becomes too commercialized for me at times but the real reason is to celebrate how great our God is and to commemorate Christ's birth here on earth.

There are so many events: Christmas tree lighting, school concerts, church concerts, parties etc. I honestly prefer to just stay in my corner and relax myself. I guess I've never been one for the whole Christmas thing and from long, I've had my own sense of how things should run.

I don't have time or money to fall prey to the one-sided meaning of this season. I want to be able to give more - even it's more time to a cause. I'm spending my Saturday morning at Rite Way in Pasea in Tortola to do a grocery drive for persons who suffer from Mental Health issues. This is what the season should be about. Sharing with someone and passing it forward. I have to aim to do better and do more for others - not just those who always want something from me - but those who really need me.

So for this season and going forward, I want to see what service I can apply myself too. Think about it and let me know if I'm making sense.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!