Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Differences


I've always wanted to be different from everyone else. I always like to take a different approach to life. I don't want to be singled out or easily noticed but I want to try new things. I guess that's why I blog and seek writing opportunities.

I wanted my hair natural when everyone was wearing straight. Then many went back natural and back and forth. I'm still natural and will blow out or even try a tasteful weave every now and then. However, that is an expensive lifestyle choice so I'll stick with my nappies.

In college, everyone opted for Finance, Accounting or Management so I did Marketing and Finance. I still feel it's all common sense when it boils down - applying the knowledge in real life situations requires gained experience and a willingness to adapt.

I'm the person who sought opportunity wherever I could. Me - sit at home to wait for a big job when I could take a small one and make some money? Never! I see a scholarship application or essay contest and I run for it. I love events like the Flower Show that I can work with nature. I enjoy working with farmers and anything agricultural - that's my 9-5.

However, I am not the tree hugger who's going to go and clean up the coast. I believe in leading by example and keeping the place clean and placing fines on the litterers. The place does need to be cleaned but that's a reactive gesture. We have to continously educate our people.

I am not well-rounded and I do not do sports. Tell me to dance and I will. Ask me to sing and I'll try. Let me write a poem for what I want to write about. Don't tell me what you want because then you should write it yourself.


I am simple and sometimes quiet but never underestimate me because I do pay attention. I guess I am different because certain things I am leaving to God right now. The people who try to take advantage or pull stunts on me - I leave them alone because I know the come-uppance is in the works.

I am different and I love being me. I have accepted me and the most you can do is the same.

ribbon



As much

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!