Saturday, June 4, 2011

POEM: The Note

As I sit and compose this note
I find it easy, yet I find it hard
I have so much to tell my friends and family
I know that they love me in some way
but maybe they just don't know how to say it
All I can remember is stuff like
I am selfish, I don't have anyone's back
I don't ever listen
and I don't do anything right
So what will I tell them
I'll tell them just that
cause it's a fact they can't deny
This note will confirm
that I have made a choice
I know some will cry
while others rejoice
but I'll be in a different place
So the only person to blame
is each man for his shortcomings
But as I start pointing out their faults
I realize that I can not do my self in
because I was tarnished by others' sins
I thought about the people
who had suffered tremendously through time
from slavery to natural disasters
and even the man-made ones too
What would it be worth
for me to take my life to the joy of others
When there are so much sufferers
that I can help
Where they see me as a failure
I can only try to help another sister or brother
because that's what God put us here for
so I have to see value in my life
because God made me in his image
as a steward to take care of what he offers me
so while it may be impossible for you to see
I am going to live each day that God grants me

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!