Friday, April 1, 2011

Dealing with Frustration and 'Disgusting People'

In the BVI we call anybody who we find overbearing, annoying or miserable  - 'disgusting'. I have been called same and I have described many people by that word. I would say this has been a week of dealing with disgusting people and frustrating situations.

I not only speak for myself but I speak for everyone who has been given a hard time by a loved one, a friend, a boss or other employee, another driver, a teacher, a student, a car, a house, a bank account or whatever got you frustrated.

These situations are tests of our resilience, strength, patience and abilities. They make us scream, cry, 'suck our teeth', swear (under our breath or aloud) and sometimes we take these frustrations out on others. For certain problems, I leave them to God. I sometimes respond verbally or in writting if the matter requires a response. I have a special situation and I have decided that I will be the 'bigger person'. Sometimes, you really have to leave things to God.

Other times, you have to fight. You have to act 'vigilante stylee'. You may need to scream, shout, pout or stamp to get that point across. Whatever you choose to do, whisper a prayer first and launch plan.

I call myself a silent revolutionary
but it depends on the fight
I'm not 'Mary Mary quite contrary'
but I dislike injustice in my eyesight
There are days when it's dark
there are days you choose to fight
There are days when the sun seems black
but no matter what, there is some light
So in this life, battles will come
but it is you that chooses the attack
while things are great for some
other always need or lack
one man can start a revolution
whether silent or vocal
because all we need is healing solution
that improves the physical, mental and spiritual
so don't take my silence for acceptance
because I am looking for change
instead dig deep with your conscience
and respect the silent revolutionary's name

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!