Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Top R&B of 1998: Whitney Houston's My Love is Your Love Album

Whitney Houston has a dynamic voice and stage presence. This singer and actress has released several powerful albums including My Love is Your Love in 1998.

Whitney Houston
 
Whitney Houston is a talented singer with a voice that has smoothly performed the National Anthem of the USA and has won her many accolades and awards such as Soul Train Awards and countless Grammys. Houston has released several albums since the 1980s including her first release, the self-titled Whitney Houston in 1985, to her 2009 release, I look to You. She also added acting to her resume by starring in roles opposite Denzil Washington, Angela Bassett, Loretta Divine and Kevin Costner.

Whitney Houston's Albums from 1985 and On
Whitney Houston has a body of music that encompasses over twenty-five years of stellar performance. Her individual albums, features on movie soundtracks and compilations of her music show how immense her talent is.
  • Whitney Houston's Early Hits: Whitney Houston hit the charts with songs like "You Give Good Love" and "How Will I Know" from her first album, Whitney Houston. Whitney was released in 1987 with chart toppers like "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" and "Where Do Broken Hearts Go." I'm Your Baby Tonight was released after in 1990 and the title track had everyone grooving.
  • Movie Soundtracks with Whitney Houston's Songs: Houston's songs were featured on soundtracks of films that she had major roles in, The Preacher's Wife (1996), Waiting To Exhale (1995) and The Bodyguard (1992). According to Houston's biography on her official site, "The Bodyguard soundtrack is one of the top 10 biggest-selling albums of all-time (at 17x-platinum in the U.S. alone)." The Bodyguard soundtrack carried one of Houston's best loved songs, the rendition of Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You." The Preacher's Wife soundtrack gave fans songs like "I Believe in You and Me" and "I Love the Lord." On Waiting To Exhale's soundtrack, Houston sang "Exhale (Shoop Shoop)" and "Why Does It Hurt So Bad."
  • Houston's Hits Since 2000: Houston released Just Whitney in 2002 and this album featured a rendition of Debbie Boone's "You Light Up My Life." One Wish: The Holiday Album was released in 2003 to share the Christmas spirit. The songs included Houston's rendition of "Little Drummer Boy" and "The First Noel."
  • Whitney Houston Has Several Greatest Hits Compilations: Good compilations of her hits include Love, Whitney (2001), Whitney Houston - The Greatest Hits (2000) and Whitney Houston: The Ultimate Collection (2007).
My Love is Your Love Gives Good R&B Music
My Love is Your Love is Houston's 1998 album released by Arista Records. This album was produced by Houston and Clive Davis. Thirteen songs make up this album and which features other artists such as Faith Evans and Kelly Price in "Heartbreak Hostel," Mariah Carey in "When You Believe" from the Prince of Egypt soundtrack and Missy Elliot. Other talented persons who had creative input on this album include Babyface, Wyclef Jean, Lauryn Hill in "I Was Made to Love Him" and Rodney Jerkins from DarkchildEntertainment in "If I Told You That."
  • "Heartbreak Hotel": After hearing this song, no one ever wanted to go to the "Heartbreak Hotel" because it is a song about breakup, thus heartbreak. "Heartbreak Hotel" features Faith Evans and Kelly Price (http://www.kellyprice.com/kelly/index.html) and this song is about a cheating man who was running around on his lady. "You've been doing wrong / played me all along" and "all I really wanted some of your time / instead you told me lies when someone else was on your mind" are some of the lyrics which were written by Carsten Schack, Kenneth Karlin and T. Savage.
  • "It's Not Right But It's OK": "It's Not Right But It's OK" is another song about a cheating man. "Friday night you and your boys went out to eat…if six of ya'll went out, then four of you are really cheap / cause only two of you had dinner / I found your credit card receipt" end the first verse. Houston sings at the ending of the chorus, "I'd rather be alone than unhappy." This song was written by Rodney Jerkins, F. Jenkins, LaShawn Daniels and Isaac Phillips.
  • The Title Track - "My Love is Your Love": Vocalized by Whitney Houston with background vocals by Family Friends Community Choir, this is one of the most powerful songs on this album. "If I lose my fame and fortune / and I'm homeless on the street / and I'm sleeping in Grand Central Station / it's ok, you're sleeping with me" are some of the lyrics." "My Love is Your Love" is written and produced by Wyclef Jean and Jerry Duplessis.
  • "In My Business": "In My Business" was written by Missy Elliot, Kelvin Bradshaw and Lloyd Turner and Missy Elliot also raps on this song. The talented Houston sings both the lead and background vocals. "Why they all in my business / it's just too ridiculous / I can't get no sleep …don't they know I've made up my mind" are some of the lyrics in the chorus. Missy Elliot raps "…since I got you, they wanna fight me / cause I'm the chick walking round with the ring…" talking about how the young ladies hate her for the man she has.
During Whitney Houston's career, she released several albums that gave fans top R&B songs. One of her premier albums is My Love is Your Love which was released in 1998. Houston had us singing along with hits like "Until You Come Back," "I Learned From The Best" and the title track "My Love Is Your Love."

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!