Wednesday, January 12, 2011

POEM: Obstacles by Linette


Weary and teary eyes
from weeping and no sleeping
up all day yet wide all night
in such a fit
that it's such a sight
with daylight soon approaching
what obstacle will come next
will the reaction be fumingly vexed
upset - say something to regret
why is love an object
rather than a concept
is it so complex
that we regress
just thinking about love
it's another obstacle, isn't it?
just like people are
so crafty, so tardy
and so full of complacency
what a mix!
did you think
that I wasn't planning ahead too
do you know I can see through you
timing is slight
but I will not fight
I will express
I will address
I will speak wisely but not to regret
because it's not my fire to burn
some obstacles make an upturn
or a u-turn
whatever the deal
time will heal
cause life is too hip and too real
to be wasting time
eating sour limes
all day
regrouping is what to do
for the Father will see me through


ribbon
ORIGINAL MATERIAL COMPOSED 1/12/2011
DO NOT REPRODUCE WITHOUT PERMISSION

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!