Thursday, December 9, 2021

POEM: The Christmas Debate

When you read my bio on my blog, I introduce myself as mother of two, poet etc. I am an HR Professional at heart because I love developing people. However, I need my creative outlet which is my poetry. I connect with nature through my garden which is my afternoon and weekend delight.

I wrote this poem, "The Christmas Debate" a few years ago. I performed it for the first time at the Alexandrina Maduro Primary School for a Christmas Concert. Then, last year, I decided to contribute to the tart wars by sharing it on Facebook. In the BVI, we love tarts which are traditionally filled with either pineapple, coconut, guavaberry or guava. We have enhanced our culinary pursuits and have added soursop, carambola and other flavors.

View the video and let me know what you think. I don't just debate tart but other Christmas traditions that we hold dear.

The Christmas Debate
https://www.facebook.com/lrabsatt/videos/10221119133382369
Written and Performed by LA Rabsatt
Instrumental by Keishaun Julien 🇹🇹
Produced by Anthony
**No tarts or tart lovers have been harmed in the production of this video**
I do not own the rights to this music

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!