Tuesday, November 23, 2021

A Random Thought: Do You Love What You Feel?


I think that when Chaka Khan and Rufus sang, "Do You Love What You Feel," they were focused on love and passion. However, I realize that it is deeper than love - it is life. When you enjoy what you do, you excel.

As I review my career, I feel I am more settled today. However, I am not at my ideal. When I was immature, I would call in sick or be tardy. Then, I would seek another opportunity. I was young with no obligations. I was not stressed or unhappy.

Today, I have children and bills, so I keep pushing. I work hard, and I do extra. I earn a better living than I did before I had children. But, I am not at the ideal. So more obligations have brought a better salary but more frustration.

COVID-19 has opened opportunities for learning and growth. Yet, I leave the training sessions and resume duty feeling more frustrated because I can not implement what I have learned. Let's compare this to the itch that one cannot scratch.

I listen to many persons say, "just be thankful that you have a job." I think our managers/leaders should be thankful for us! While they can't pay financial rewards due to current challenges, saying thank you is never out of style.

I said all of the above for a reason. I need to love what I feel when it comes to my career and personal development. I love learning, my colleagues, our opportunities for growth, our creativity, and our potential. So I think my frustration is that I don't love the frustration/confusion. I want to love my path and vision.

So today, I pledge to love what I feel. I promise to correct what I can. I agree to walk away before I let toxic relations affect my mental health and my behaviors.

I have to love what I feel, whether relationships, my career, or my interests.

Do you love what you feel?

1 comment:

Des said...

Girrrrrrrrrrl....I am with you on this one. To continue in a job/relationship/whatever without loving it is to simply exist. Simply existing adds nothing to this world or you, so what would be the point in living that way? We need that passion and drive to help us to truly live and leave this world in a better state of being than it was before. And I believe we feel the passion once we are doing that thing in a place we are meant to do it....my two cents.

2024 Happy Mother's Day!