Wednesday, October 2, 2019

POEM: Music Love


This is No Ordinary Love
because it's Never Too Much
we Keep It 100
because I can't deal
with Missing You
and it's true because
We're just Ordinary People
and I love The Way You Move
You keep it Skankin Sweet
and no matter how I get upset
I have no regrets in Loving You
and the Truth Is
that Every Little Thing I Do,
you're on my mind
You're like my Supersonic...
The one I count on
and this is not Forbidden Love
because Everybody Knows
that whether or not
they approve does not dictate
the way this love grows
and that's just
The Way Love Goes

Thank you to Sade, Luther Vandross, TeeJay, Case, John Legend, Outkast, Chronixx, Minnie Riperton, Fantasia, Third World and Janet Jackson for their inspiring music, which further informed this poem.

© Linette Rabsatt
ribbon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Awesome!
So timely!
You have danced to the rhythm of some great pioneers in the life of love and music.

2024 Happy Mother's Day!