Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Poem: Bedazzled


Sometimes I think my brain needs
to be bedazzled
because I have so many thoughts
happening at the same time.
I look at possibilities, eventualities,
prophesies and policies,
but I have the answer to none.
And while I think about
what I could have done,
tomorrow is in my face.
So I continue
my hamster wheel race,
trying to keep in pace
while my shoe laces
become un-draped.
My ankles are scraped
and my sleep has been raped,
because I cannot escape
this cycle which I
do not know the fate,
I pretend to have faith,
and I say I'll wait by the gate
but I may as well
buy skates, and run away,
since I have so much to say
and my brain won't
let me get away.
Then all I have to say is
my brain's bedazzled anyway.
So I have to get
it together
despite the weather,
and my personal thoughts.

©  Linette Rabsatt
Ribbon 

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!