Friday, January 6, 2017

Making the Step Towards Success - Confidence


We often talk about success, as I did in yesterday's blog post. First you have to want it for yourself and you have to have confidence in yourself. It's easy to say it but building your confidence means overcoming personal hang-ups, bad history, gossip and negative friends. It means breaking bad habits as well.

I know what I want to achieve and I have to find a way to get it. I don't want a lot. I just want to make a difference in the public service that I work in and in my community. Therefore, I have to lead by example and I have to encourage others. Unlike many people, I did not have a life plan set out. I look for opportunities and I run with them. I won't say that I have made the best decisions overall, but I have been able to find positive in every thing - even in what could be perceived negative.

Finding confidence to take that step is not easy. Sometimes people see your potential and push you. I like to encourage people when I see that they have the ability. Why not? I've had positive people on my side and I am grateful for the opportunities granted to me. I hope that I may be a positive influence on the persons who come in contact with me. I hope that I can inspire confidence in them.

Ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!