Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Giving and Taking Correction ... Not an Easy Road

On my Linette - Inspire VI Facebook page, I recently made a comment about taking correction. Giving correcting directives is not the easiest thing either. Sometimes, you have to build the courage to talk to loved ones, co-workers and friends to tell them that they are doing something wrong. It doesn't matter what level you are at because having to tell someone that what they have been doing for years is wrong can be daunting.

There's no easy way to do it. Sometimes, it comes out nice and other times it won't. The best thing is not to hold things in and try to speak about the behaviors or concerns early - regardless which team member it is - family, friend etc. I guess it's easier to speak to children but we have to be so careful because our behaviors better not reflect what the reprimand is about. The Lord knows I try!

I would want to scream sometimes but having a vent moment with a friend helps. What helps is to know that I am not the only one facing the problem. It's not that we are celebrating mediocrity or bad behavior, but it will be mutual discussion about solving the problem.

In terms of taking correction - take it. Of course, you have to first accept that you are wrong. I'm not always right - but I know when I am wrong and when I am right. It gets harder if you feel like you're getting thrown under the bus. Been there - Done that!!!!!! The bus runs permanently in my alley ... and that's ok. I want to be in leadership and these are some of the things that you have to deal with.

I am working on taking my correction without remorse. Of course, there's always that condescending person or the petty peever who is going to find ulterior motives in everything! My God - they are not the easiest people to deal with. As we Caribbean do....STRUPES! Give me faith, dear Lord!!!!

I am working on me daily! I am moving forward every day! I am improving me and my situations consistently!

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!