Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Oddities of Life

Dr. Lettsome has a poem called "A Cooking Oddity" about sugarapples. That word just popped to me. An oddity is a strange or peculiar person, thing, or trait. I have lots of odd things about me. I don't like other people's hands in my hair. I am inexplicably selfish with my time. I like being considered the underdog. But that's me.


In life, there are many things that cannot be explained. We have some 'ticklish' situations and no one can understand what the cause or the solution is. Every day will not be the same. Life is not perfect like math. What worked today may not work tomorrow.

Our life is a series of oddities and that's just how it is. You can't sit and worry yourself to death over things that you can not control. Sometimes you don't even have a choice in what's happening to you. However, you can choose what your reaction can be. In the space of a few days, parents lost their son, a mother can't locate her daughter and a father drowned.

We have to keep praying for each other. With the oddities happening around us, we have to bear each other up and hope for the best at all times. When the bad comes, we have to take time to mourn and regroup. Let's us keep a positive mindset and keep each other in prayer.

Ribbon







No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!