Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Journey - Music by My Side



I went to a workshop today that encouraged me to continue doing some of the things that I do. It encouraged me to keep a journal and as you know a blog is a web journal. I love this blog because I can free my mind with just my crazy thoughts, my creative juices and my unique inspiration.

I came home today wanting to cover some math with my son as well as enjoy some music. I went from reggae to R&B and spanned some years going back to some Marvin Gaye, Hi-5, Lloyd, Avant, Tony Toni Tone as well as some Niyorah, Pressure, Omari, Rizon and others. I just felt mellow like I need to let loose. I danced a bit which is something that I love to do.

Some grade 4 parents including myself are having troubles with elapsed time so I needed to change the tempo. My son is getting it slowly and it makes no sense for me to further frustrate him and myself. Instead I threw on some music and he made some strides. We'll attack again tomorrow with or without the music.

Music has been my best friend as a child. I have lots of brothers and sisters but we never lived together when I was a child so I had to talk to my radio. Music has been my company and my inspiration and I think it will forever be a part of me.

Through primary, secondary and tertiary education and even on my way to work, I've always had music by my side. You may think it's a sad existence but it's my life and I love it.

Ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!