Monday, January 21, 2013

Knowing Your Limits and Evoking Change

We all know what our limits are. You might be able to take more than I can. Limits apply to physical activity and also to mental and emotional state. You may be able to hold in your tears which I can't. I may be able run faster or further than you can.

When it comes to dealing with nonsense, that's another type of limitation. Everyone has their boiling point. I have limited tolerance for stupidness so you can say I have little patience. Another point to look at is the way we deal with problems. Should we hold in our thoughts and ideas for the fear of offending another - even when improvement is possible in the end?

Leaders have to look closely at these things. What is truly acceptable? I find things are very lax because of we are on pins and needles afraid to offend the other person. If I am wrong, please correct me. Do not let me fail or fall. Point me in the right direction please.

This is why the world is in peril. We are too afraid to make those tough decisions when we see that we are reaching our limits. I am never saying that we must blatantly offend each other; however we should seek to be problem solvers who can bring a matter to a close.

What has been bugging you and what can you do to make a difference?

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!