Monday, August 6, 2012

Controlling People

People always want to control you and tell you what moves you should make in your life. You have to think and stand up for yourself. The popular opinion is like pop music - it fades from memory. I'm not saying that you should ignore positive advice, but you have to have a mind for yourself. People have tried to control me and I am not into that nonsense.

I can remember a former boss encouraging me not to start college studies at UVI. I have my degree today. I can remember another one telling not to go to Cornell University. I have my transcript today to show. Another told me that when I start his work, I won't have time for poetry. I have a poem that can be shared for every day of the year.

They all think they know what's best and many don't have their lives together. I can give life stories - not for every situtation but some worthy. People watch me and think I have the world but they don't know what I have sacrificed. Actually, I don't care what they think. As I said in one of my FB statuses the other day, when I buy from Red Cross and hunt the $1 deals, I know I owe noone.

I wrote the other day about a forward woman and I am proud to say that I have not had to ask her for food, clothing or shelter. My God is my real joy giver and people will always just be simple minded people.

So, if anyone is on your back, ignore them or get away from them. Don't wait to snap.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!