Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Old and New Names

My name is simple. Some may even call it old. My son has an old name as well. He is the only child in his school with that name. My daughter has a variation of an old time name but she is one of few with that name.

We are all unique in our own way and our name is what is used to recognize us. I do love my name and as with most things, I'm not bothered if you don't. The names we hear today are no longer Jane, Mary, Susan, Thomas, Jackson or Dave. We are in the time of the 'ique', 'isha', 'uante' or 'rema'. As I dropped my children today off today, I heard a camp counsellor say that she can't keep up with the names of today.

There are some children that I simply do not remember their names and when they remind me, I dare not try to spell. I workon a yearbook and I still think some of the names are not written correctly. It's funny because my name is simple and people still mess it up - much less these new names with these apostrophes.

If I planned to have more children, I would still keep the names simple.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!