Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sun & Rain and Common VI Visitors




It's another day in the paradise we call the British Virgin Islands. It started off looking one of those rainy days and there was even thunder and lightening. However it is breezy and clear right now. I guess it's one of the nice things about living in the Caribbean. Sometimes, it is raining while the sun is shining. Also, like today, the sky was cloudy and a light gust blew the clouds away.

Of course, there are those things that can be a little annoying like stray cows. They can do a lot of damage and since I don't eat meat, I won't ask the owner for a piece when he slaughters. But, maybe I can ask him for some money to replace all the plants the cows ate? I'll consider that.

A nice sight is the local fowls which crow in the morning. They do eat fruits that are within their reach. If you're lucky, you might be able to find some eggs but I have not yet. Every now and then there's a garden snake, scorpion or tarantula which I loathe. I don't mind the lizards but I hate the wood slaves or geckos. They make clicking sounds and just looking nasty.

There's also the sugar ants that seem to multiply when there's rainy weather or lack of rain. They find even the tiniest particle and can track sugar down even in the freezer. They taste sweet too! LOL They have invaded my sandwich before and the cheese became very sweet.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!