Monday, May 7, 2012

The Cows were OUT for sure

I always tell you something about cows on the loose. My daughter has even dreamed about a cow biting her arm.


Today I have breaking news for my readers. The usual group of cows visited my yard on Saturday but they met a surprise – no grass. We cut all the grass and I guess this got the ‘born here’ cows upset. One of them rudely bit the top off of my pigeon pea tree. However, this was not the end of the ordeal.

I thought about logging onto the internet to post a new blog entry and to my surprise, I had no service. I checked the phone line and there was no dial tone. I headed to the roof only to find that the telephone wire was broken.

I wondered what malicious person could have destroyed my telephone line. Did I owe someone? Could it be that there is money in telephone wire now? Then I remembered that I saw several hoof prints in the yard. This could mean only one thing – the cows must have been out! The cows were out!

I must have angered them by cutting all the glorious grass so they got mad and took what they thought meant the most to me – my internet.

I laugh at the cows because they are so silly. It is raining so much now and the grass will grow back up fast and juicier. I think the cows are still mad at me for moving into their space and destroying one of their main food sources. I guess I had no right to build a house where they eat and rest.

The cows are smart and they will do what they have to do and that’s eat, sleep and poop on the way. I am thankful for the manure and the grazing. However, I wish they would leave my pigeon peas alone. I mean, really – why the pigeon peas tree?!

Watch out cause the cows might be out in your area too!

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!