Friday, March 7, 2008

Group Dynamics

I have been in great groups and have been in bad ones. From church groups to work to college to community organizations - it's just such a bother when you have one or two doing the work. It's been seldom that I have not had to push my weight plus in groups. These days, once it is worthwhile I try. I working on four projects with different groups right now and those are going well. The groups are small and everyone works full time and has family to take of.

Well actually, one of them is not going so well - the people want the finished project but noone wants to have to do anything - reply to an email, answer a questions. I am about to leave them all high and dry but as some of the other leading people have said - it's hard to start something and then leave it. It's even harded when it's a good movement which can do positive things and effect change in the community.

I really don't mind doing it because these groups fill lapses in my life and I love media relations ad writing so I'm always out there pounding the pavement, making connections and getting things done. I guess I can say that the groups have very centered and talented people. We all just use our talents to do our part.

If you are in a group - I know it can be frustrating but just suck it up and do what needs to be done or leave 'um high and dry!

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!